About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced front-end engineer. You’ll be working on features that directly and quickly affect the revenue of the company. If you’ve ever wanted to write code that makes a difference to the trajectory of a start-up, this role is perfect for you.
Our tech stack is pretty great too you’ll get to work in an autonomous, cross-functional product team utilizing cutting edge technology like React, Redux, Docker, and openfaas-cloud.
Every company claims they want an “experienced” engineer, but here’s why it’s important to us: In this role you’ll be leading the work of multiple engineers on the team, partnering closely with a Product Manager to ensure the smooth delivery and execution of projects critical to the businesses success. You’ll also be working across a large variety of problems and taking ownership over a significant area of our product.
- A love of great products and product design if the code you ship needs to be maintainable AND delightful for customers to use, we want to speak to you.
- Past experience of planning, executing, and delivering projects with multiple engineers in an agile environment.
- 5+ years of experience working across the full-stack. You don’t need to have mastered any one side, but understanding a spectrum of technologies at varying degrees of expertise is important.
- 3+ years of experience writing client side web code utilizing React, Ember, Vue or similar. (We use React, Redux and Styled Components for our web app).
- You might have dabbled in some functional code, but if you haven’t that’s ok as well.
- Working across our flagship web product, helping to write features that drive activation, engagement, and retention. Basically, you’ll be writing software that sells itself.
- Implementing a BDD environment in every steps
- Collaborating closely with a product manager to plan, execute, and ship projects critical to the success of the business. Once it ships, you’ll pay close attention to the impact of the work, and iterate towards a successful outcome.
- Experimenting. Owning the A/B testing process, associated metrics for success and helping shape the experiments that will drive the business forward.
- Providing technical leadership to a team of cross functional engineers and be accountable for the technical decision making for your team.
- Receiving close guidance and mentorship from our engineering managers and leads, as well as code reviews from your peers.